- Background Information
- Industrial Successes
- Computing Background
- Formal Education
- Other Certifications
- Personal Details
- Contact Information
- Personal Interests
- View/Download Résumé (PDF)
- Real-World Technical Experience / Portfolio
Finding the best opportunities available to me and move towards the things I'm truly passionate about. Everything is learning and the learning is what I'm after. This website is just an attempt to keep me available for the right people to find me. Whether there's a business opportunity or a Job that could change my life, I believe the information I'm making available in this site would help you find me useful, interesting and needed to be a part of your success.
I am a Software engineer with 10+ years of experience in related fields. I graduated in 2009 at Middlesex University of London. My involvement with web development began in 2000 when I took up basic PHP programming as my hobby. Throughout the next five years this developed into a fascination with both networking (Linux based LAN) and web development.
Before I start my O/Levels, I became sure that a career involving both networking and web development was the path to follow. Around the same time I realized that increasing importance of computers and telecommunications systems in all parts of industry. With Internet access, web development and large databases was becoming ever more prevalent and it was clear to me that I would need a broad knowledge of the business world to successfully follow my career path.
It has so far been a wonderful journey meeting talented expert in my area of profession. The recent explosion of technologies, the climate of the business environment and the industry I'm in, given me a roller cost ride feeling to be part of and face the challenges. Nowadays I work mostly on Pega for my employer Virtusa and got certified as Lead System Architect and Robotics System Architect. Also, recently, I found myself spending a fair bit of time learning cloud computing.
During 2005-2007, as part of my JOB, I undertook a sixth-month industrial training at Masters DDB - a Sri Lankan Advertising Agency. The training and then the job was ideal for me, sitting between the Advertising and Web worlds. The result was a success and I was appreciated. It was a valuable experience and opportunity to meet senior figures from a variety of companies and organizations.
Doing group projects as part of my BTECH higher national diploma has proved a vital way of building team skills. I tend to take charge of situations through a reasoned approach to the problem at hand, fostering mutual respect to unite members of my team and come to an acceptable compromise.
In the mean time, I started business with some of my school friends, in my age of 17. It wasn’t easy for me to handle at that time, only because the lack of management skills. But our designs and technology we used were good. So with 6 – 12 months we started getting several project. Managing those projects and giving those projects to clients on time was difficult. We had to ask excuses from our clients. Little by little we started getting better on managing time and giving projects on time. Doing projects at my own company “ACTIV”, working for Masters DDB and studying HND was great experience. Since my work at all three places are related, I could handle it easily.
I believe that more than just technical skill is required in the IT industry so ensured I would have a basic knowledge of business processes and media concepts, which are vital to make technology work with a business rather than against it. So I took up the challenging opportunities and worked several places holding technically exciting & challenging positions involving Public Relations and then Law. The application I developed are appreciated and I'm hoping to organize them and showcase in the Portfolio section of this website without violating the agreements with the companies I worked for.
Life's own unpredictable turn of evens returned me back to Sri Lanka with better opportunities. In 2012 January, I joined in Virtusa in a fairly new area of technology at the time( at least for me ), Business Process Management(Pega BPM), started from zero. Pega, a rapidly changing technology, super fun to learn and work on and at times hard to keep up. Pega is no longer a Bussiness Rules Engine(BRE) and it's toltal solution suit for digital transformation. I enjoy the learning and the freedom Pega provides to less worry about the technical problems than business problems, often not the case with Java technology or .NET. Past 5+ years worked on multiple multi-million dollar projects and was fortunate enough to have had good mentors and experts to learn from. In those projects, every modules I was part of, helped the team deliver builds on time with least number of defects.
In 2001 I became involved in Internet technologies, starting with simple static HTML pages before progressing to dynamic, database-driven websites. After O/L exam, in 2003, I studied Macromedia flash, fireworks and adobe Photoshop for web graphics/animations.
My Internet and traditional programming backgrounds led me to experiment with ASP in 2005 and Asp.NET in 2008 and I have been using it since then.
My varied background has given me experience with (or at least exposure to) a variety of languages, applications and technologies. Items marked with a * indicate a passing familiarity rather than in-depth knowledge.
- PRPC 6.2, 8.4 [2012-2020]
- Peg Robotics Studio [2018-2020]
- Pega CPM 6.2 [2012-2013]
- Pega CMF* [2012-2013]
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) [2019-2020]
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) [2019-2020]*
- Microsoft Azure [2019-2020]*
API Management Platforms
- Apigee [2019-2020]*
- Visual basic 2000 [2003-2013]
- VBA/micros - familiar with 2000/XP/2003 [1999-2006]*
- Java [2004-2020]
- .NET (C#) [2008-2020]
- C/C++ (inc. Borland C++, C++ Builder)  *
- PHP 4 & 5 [2000-2009]
- ASP [2005-2020]
Functional Programming Languages
- Tsudocode  *
- flowchart  *
- HTML [2000-2020]
- JSON [2012-2020]
- WML (Wireless Markup Language) [2003-2004] *
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) [2005-2020]
- Nginx [2019-2020]
- Apache [2003-2020]
- Microsoft IIS [2003-2020]
- Send Mail Server [2005-2006]
- Postfix Mail Server  *
- QMail server using qmailrocks *
- Microsoft Access 6.0, 97, 2000,XP,2003,Live [1999-2006] *
- mySQL [2003-2006]
- Postgres [2006-2020]
- MS SQL [2006-2020]
- Oracle [2011-2013]*
- Windows 9x, 2000 Professional/Advanced Server, XP, 2003 , Vista & 7
- Linux (RedHat [9.0/ES3/ES4/AS3/Fedora Project], Ubuntu and SuSE* distributions)
Web Designing Applications
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Fine Site Designer *
- Deto 6.5*
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Adobe - Flash, fireworks (5,6,7,MX 2004, 8 & CS3 Professional)
- Adobe Photoshop (7, CS, CS2 & CS3)
- Adobe After Effects ( 7 & CS3)
- Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6/8 & Acid Pro 4
- DJ Studio 7.0 *
- fruity loops 8.0 *
- Studio Manager Max 12*
- 3d max 8 *
- Standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) *
- Microsoft Visio
* -A passing familiarity with these items but have never used them in a real project.
2008 – 2009 Middlesex University. [BSc (Hons) in Computer Science]
- Internet Game Programming
- Developing Enterprise Systems
- Computing Project Management
- Distributed Internet Programming
- Developing Internet Applications
Undergraduate Computing Project
2006 - 2008 ICBT Campus. [Higher National Diploma (Edexcel UK) in Computing.]
- Computer Platforms
- System Analysis
- Software Constructs & Tools
- Computing Solutions
- Quality Management Principles
- Communication Technology
- Networking Using Windows 2003 Server
- Data Analysis & Database Design
- Visual Programming Using VB.NET
- Introduction To Programming
- Computer Implementation Project
- Database Management Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming Using C++
- Advanced Computing Project
- Certified Lead System Architect (7.4)
- Certified Robotics System Architect (8.0)
- Certified Senior System Architect (6.2)
- Certified System Architect (6.2)
- Certificate in Macromedia Flash MX
- Certificate in Adobe Photoshop 7.0
- Certificate in Business English
- Certificate in Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Jeyarajah Jeyaram
- Date of birth:
- Tamil, English, Singhala
London NW9 0NA
*** Gall Road, Mt Lavnia, Colombo 10370
- Mobile Phone No:
- 00 44 78 01 99 33 48
For the past ten plus years I have been involved in successful medium-sized to large projects in industry, approaching enterprise application development with business and technology needs in mind.
I believe my skills and experiences, together with hard work and determination to succeed, will be a great help and allow me to play a leading role in my field.